We specialize in the design of graphic user interfaces (GUIs) that are embedded in commercial (non-consumer) products, particularly products where safety and ease of use are mission-critical. Our services include:
- Screen design: development of screens, from initial rough sketches to finalized electronic formats optimized for incorporation into products.
- Navigation design: creation of information architectures that optimize ease of use.
- Rapid prototyping: creation of testable hardware/software/electronic prototypes.
Design Science’s interaction design and prototyping services are characterized by:
- Integration of human factors and design, to assure that usability is baked into the design.
- Simple, elegant look and feel, so that GUIs appeal to users and communicate the right message.
- Uniquely realistic rapid prototyping, that involves integration of electronics and hardware with software rapid-prototyping tools to provide testable 3D prototypes much earlier than is typical.
- Painless integration into the product architecture, so that our GUIs are implementable as easily as possible.
Tools and Facilities:
- Several proprietary rapid-prototyping tools that allow integration of hardware and software with GUIs.
- Systems for the development of auditory signals for incorporation into products.
- Full usability-testing systems, including 3 customizable usability-testing labs with viewing rooms.