We find ways to make people’s lives better, plain and simple.
Want to join us? Check out our active positions below.
Program Manager / Quality Manager
Our growing company is searching for a motivated leader to fill a dual Program Manager / Quality Manager role.
As a Program Manager, you will act as a consistent point of contact for Design Science clients. You will monitor project execution, including establishing internal and external timelines, tracking milestones, and managing budgets/invoicing.
As Quality Manager, you will oversee and administer the company’s quality management system, including leading the QMS team, developing and enforcing compliance with policies and procedures, conducting internal and supplier audits, investigating and resolving non-conformances, and ensuring timely resolution of CAPAs. Additionally, the Quality Manager performs and oversees quality checks on outgoing company deliverables to ensure clients receive accurate and consistent outputs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field (i.e., product design and development). Minimum 3 years of client or internal stakeholder management experience at a medical device manufacturer, pharmaceutical manufacturer or relevant consultancy.
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience.
- Strong understanding of quality systems and product/process lifecycle management.
- Deep knowledge of international standards, including ISO 9000, 9001, and 13485.
- Experience with designing medical devices and FDA regulations for medical device quality systems (i.e., Title 21 CFR Part 820).
- Strong knowledge of project management and sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Experience with risk management as applied to product development.
- Evidence of collaboration with colleagues in other disciplines such as human factors, software development, mechanical and electrical engineering, industrial design, visual design, and marketing.
- Proven track-record of ability to successfully lead a team towards a common goal.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems in time sensitive situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to work full time at a Design Science office and to travel up to 20-30% of the time, domestically and internationally.
- Willingness to undergo background checks and drug/health screenings as required.
- Project and client management
- Proposal writing/execution
- Conduct internal and client-facing project kick-off meetings
- Deliverable planning
- Client sales presentations
- Project budget review/invoicing
- Management of scope of work change requests/billing issue mediation
- Participation in planning meetings
- Participant recruitment management
- Equipment management (i.e., inventory, purchasing)
- Coordinate with executive team to set quality policy
- Communicate company’s quality policy and objectives annually
- Lead QMS team in successful execution of quality policy and objectives
- Act as main client contact for quality issues/customer complaints
- Schedule and conduct internal and supplier audits
- Ensure non-conformances are resolved per policy
- Develop internal standard operating procedures and related training content as needed
- Collect, analyze, and communicate quality metrics
- Monitor updates to applicable standards (e.g., ISO 9001) and ensure integration into policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Manage quality tools (e.g., PolicyTech)
Strategic Partnership Associate
The Strategic Partnership Associate (SPA) supports the company’s research teams in the Philadelphia and Chicago area by recruiting people and facilities to participate in studies as well as coordinating details for field work. The SPA plays a vital part in initiating and maintaining relationships with physicians, nurses, patients, and hospital systems, and is responsible for actively expanding our participant database. The SPA also provides occasional administrative assistance when needed (e.g., assists staff in maintaining appropriate health records for admittance to hospitals, helps book travel, answers phones, staffs front desk in Office Manager’s absence, etc.). The ideal SPA is a personable, friendly, organized, and proactive team member. He/she has experience in administrative support, customer service/hospitality, and sales.
- Seek out new potential study participants (e.g., social media, search engines, advertisements, etc.)
- Provide initial contact and make follow up calls to potential participants
- Aid in establishing a positive reputation with study participants
- Organize and maintain participant and facility records
- Compile resources for the company’s recruiting department
- Obtain necessary clearance(s) for company admittance to hospital/clinical settings
- Attend off-site recruiting events to build relationships and expand participant database (e.g., 5K Diabetes Walk, etc.)
- Provide updates on the progress of projects to project teams
- Build and maintain rapport with past, present, and future participants and medical centers
- Coordinate and track the distribution of study honorarium to participants
- Assist employees in obtaining background checks and drug screening clearances
- Complete other tasks as requested by authorized personnel
- Administrative support as requested
Who you are:
- Passionate about improving the lives of people who rely on medical devices.
- Highly organized, with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- A team player with experience collaborating across a variety of fields such as engineering, design, and psychology.
What you bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree beneficial
- Minimum 3 years of inside sales and administrative experience
- Advanced to expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Knowledge of and proficiency in SalesForce
- Strong communication skills (e.g., compiling written communications to participants, well-spoken and mature on phone calls, etc.)
- Good organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Keen sense of resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Experience in cold calling
- Flexibility to adjust normal 9am-5pm work hours for OUS projects when necessary
- Availability to work occasional weekend hours for recruiting events
- Willingness to undergo background check
- Ability to lift 15-20 lbs.
We would also love to see:
- Basic understanding of usability/human factors and field research
- Familiarity with hospital processes, including vendor clearance systems, a plus (e.g., Reptrax, Vendormate, etc.)
- Interest and/or experience working with healthcare professionals
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail
- Availability to travel (less than 10%)
Here’s what we’re offering:
- Full-time, salaried, exempt position
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance(s), 401k with match, 20 days PTO to start, paid holidays, dependent care FSA, work from home and flex work options, and more!
- This position is posted for our newly opened Evanston, IL office (Chicago area) but may also be staffed in our Philadelphia, PA headquarters.
- Resume and cover letter are required.
- For more information, check us out on social media @designscience.
Reporting to an appointed supervisor, Associate Engineers work together in multi-disciplinary teams to execute research and usability testing for a variety of projects. The Associate Engineer I works within well-defined guidelines to manage videography for data capture; moderate usability testing sessions; conduct field research; summarize, prepare and analyze data; and evaluate results of the data for deliverable creation.
- BS/BA in human factors engineering, biomedical engineering, industrial engineering, or related field required.
- Ability to analyze data using excel and appropriate statistical techniques and to visualize / present data in a form that is easily understood.
- Excellent listening and observation skills.
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Advanced to expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficiency in a variety of data collection software / programs (e.g. DatStat, Qualtrics, etc.)
- Ability to work full time at the Design Science office in Philadelphia, PA or Evanston, IL and to travel 20-30% of the time, domestically and internationally.
- Willingness to undergo background checks, drug/health screenings as required for research purposes
- Good organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration across a variety of field, including engineering, design and psychology.
Additional Desired Skills/Experience:
- Ability to deploy a variety of research techniques to collect and process data across multiple areas of company’s portfolio of work (field research, usability testing, ergonomics, etc.)
- Experience with, or interest in, medical devices, product development and/or design.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, FDA regulatory guidance on usability and medical devices.
- Study environment & video equipment set-up
- Site visits for observational research
- Moderating testing sessions
- Root cause analysis
- Data entry
- Data analysis
- Data management
- Video review and analysis
- Video and data backup
- Report writing
- Study supply tracking and inventory
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to careers[at]dscience.com
Don’t see the right position for you?
That’s okay, we know talent when we see it. If you have expertise in one or more of the following areas, we would love to hear from you. If you want to know what life is like with Design Science, be sure to check out our Instagram.
- Human Factors
- Observational Research
- Information Design
- User Interface Design
- Usability Testing
- Systems Engineering
- Medical Device Design